Uncovering Your Mark
Instructor: Ann Trainor Domingue
Date: Saturday, October 13
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Cost: $85 Members | $105 Non-member
Each of us has a unique set of life experiences and interests. In this workshop you’ll uncover ‘your marks’ –and learn through a practical fun process–ways to incorporate them into your artwork. The ‘Uncovering Your Mark’ workshop will help you generate ideas and more importantly how to use them to enrich your art–uncovering the most ‘authentic’ you as you continue on your lifelong art journey.
This workshop is a hands-on class where students will make personal discoveries through thoughtful inquiries and then apply the info through small scale sketching exercises and preliminary color play. Class is focused on generating ideas rather than finished artworks. Your approach can be realistic, semi-abstract, abstract or anything in between and beyond.
All levels welcome. At any point in your art journey.
Supplies: Note–Simpler is better.
- Sketchbook—mixed media sketchbook—for dry and wet media. Recommended Aquabee Super Deluxe Sketchbook 9×9 or 9×12
- simple watercolor or gouache setup—6 colors or so.
- watercolor pencils—any colors
- colored pencils–any colors
- watercolor brushes
- small rinse container
- paper towels—not roll, 10 sheets or so
- Sharpie fine point marker
- masking tape
- kneadable eraser
- any art tool you ‘love’ to use
Ann is a native New Englander born in Fall River, Massachusetts, lived in Barrington, Rhode Island and now resides in Goffstown, New Hampshire. Her work is always inspired by the New England landscape and reflects on many aspects differently through combinations of forms, figures, color and textures. Her previous career includes 30+ years in the marketing/advertising field as a graphic designer, brand manager, art director and illustrator.
Ann’s teaching experience includes leading art classes for the Currier Art Center in Manchester, NH; presenting on master artists for the Currier Museum of Art community education programs; and teaching independent classes in drawing, watercolor, sketching, mixed media, artist development workshops; and mentoring artists.
- Copley Artist in the Copley Society of Art in Boston
- Signature Member of the New England Watercolor Society
- Member New Hampshire Art Association, past board member
- Rhode Island College BA art studio/painting
Ann’s artwork can be found in galleries in New England– Gallery Antonia, Chatham, MA; Camden Falls Gallery, Camden, ME; Portland Art Gallery, Portland, ME; Kennedy Gallery, Portsmouth, NH; Art3 Gallery, Manchester, NH.